Thursday, November 8, 2007

tomorrow's dinner and last weekend's beverage

Tomorrow, I am supposed to go to Red Lobster to celebrate my friend's birthday. I haven't set foot in a Red Lobster since 1998, so help me Diety.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to order? I at least know that white wine goes with all seafood. Maybe that's why I'm not too keen on it. I prefer red.

Speaking of Red wine, (and I'm not being paid for this) I was at Andy's last weekend for Battlestar Galactica and wine. I picked out a Yellow Tail Pinot Noir. It was sooooo good and it was the first time in a long time I hadn't gotten sniffly from alcohol.

We also watched Torchwood from BBC America. It's the lame spinoff from the reinvented Dr. Who, complete with Russell Davies' over-the-top affectations. I didn't quite care for it, but the plot point that all of the secret agents are randy bisexuals was an odd, literally queer, twist. The name of the episode was, I kid you not, "They Keep Killing Suzie." I must agree with Andy that it's the best title ever for a television episode.

1 comment:

Andy said...

There is another great title they have called "Countrycide", which is pretty good, but of course it doesn't hold a torch(wood) to "They Keep Killing Suzie."