Thursday, October 18, 2007

tonight's movie

Death Proof finally came in Netflix. After being notified of "Long Wait" then "Short Wait" in the queue, it finally came.

In my opinion, this is the superior of the Grindhouse features. I don't know why I like this movie so much, but I really do. It's a whopping 113 minutes with the "missing reels" that were cut from the theatrical release.

The movie could be described as very Freudian. A man using his car to kill women, so on and so forth, but the twist is that the latest group of women he stalks fights back. I don't want to give away too much. Suffice it to say that it's a much bigger head trip than Planet Terror because it's much more plausible. There are no machine gun legs or zombies, so it is much more up my alley.

My one complaint is that I miss both movies together in the theater. I was sincerely hoping for another look at the Werewolf Women of the SS trailer.

No comments: