Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Isn't Panhandling Illegal?

My Gmail is overflowing with entreaties from Bill and Hillary Clinton, Terry McAullife, and Barack Obama.

It's enough to make a person crazy. And like most people would say, for me, that's an extremely short trip.

If I had money to give, I would have given it already. I'm not going to max out my Amex on a primary candidate, especially because I can't decide which one to choose. If you held the proverbial gun to my head right now, I would probably choose Obama. I think he is the stronger candidate for the majority of the vote in November at this point.

So I am not asking for a gun to be pointed at my head, just to be clear. Heaven knows I have enough problems without a death threat.

Whatever the outcome of the primary season, I hope that the candidates give me something more substantive on which to vote in the general campaign. I think McCain may very well be the worst thing for the country, a third GW Bush term. If not for his ideals, then for his scary, terrifying base. But that is not enough of a reason to vote Democratic, I need help people.

You may want money, but I want a platform on which to stake my vote.

No comments: