Thursday, February 7, 2008

Iraq and a Hard Place

The Iraq War is such a touchy subject. I supported the decision to go to War because I believed that there were WMDs in Iraq. Obviously, that was at best an error in judgment by the administration, or at worst a fabrication of the administration's clandestine influences.

The hard choice is that now it's time to pick a totally new administration. As I speak Romney has thankfully pulled out of the race. But that leaves us with a slightly more congealed Republican party versus a stylistically divided Democratic Party.

I just read Margaret Cho's blurb on Huffington Post.

Her levity made me smile, but it truly minimizes the dramatic social impact that this election will have.

I would be happy with either Senator Clinton or Obama winning. If the winner of the convention doesn't name the other as running mate, they will definitely lose the election because the democratic party will be in shambles.

I admire Senator McCain because I believe he puts the interests of the nation before the interests of the Republican base. That being said, he lately seems to be bending over backward to please everyone, and that worries me that he will wind up in some unholy alliance with whoever the next Karl Rove is in the party.

Another interesting note: Frank Schaeffer, one of the biggest names in the Pro-life movement is proud to support Obama for his life-affirming stance on issues, even though Obama is admittedly pro-choice. His argument for Obama is lucid and logical, something that one may not expect from the fire and brimstone rhetoric of a religious writer.

I will vote in the primary, I'm just stuck as to whom I will choose. I'm glad I still have a couple of months to make up my mind.

1 comment:

Ryno said...

Tom. Bro. This is an easy decision.

:)