Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bill Clinton to me

So my inbox has been filling up with message after message from the Democrats and Republicans.

Oy, I'm so flummoxed.

The favorite message I received was a request for money in GMail's status bar, it said "Bill Clinton to me."

Wow, that's a lot of responsibility. The President is asking me for money.

Here's the thing. I haven't given Senators Clinton or Obama a thin dime. I don't have two of them to rub together (as the old sayings go).

I can't make up my mind. Obama seems more interested in working with both sides of the aisle, while Hillary seems more interested in getting done all of the things that she didn't accomplish as First Lady.

I read "Living History." I liked it very much, but the campaigning in the text was so blatant, I wanted to hit something. Instead of being an honest portrayal of an insider's life at the White House, it read much more like "I'm Hillary Clinton, and I'm running for President."

The other major problem I had with the book was that it was dated. She didn't support or defend her stance on the war, but she spent plenty of time sniping ever so subtly against the Republican establishment.

I'm currently three chapters into "The Audacity of Hope." I am liking it so far, but I'm being very skeptical of all that I read.

I'm leaning very strongly toward Obama, in fact, I've pretty much decided I will press the button for him in the booth. I just hope that he can beat Senator McCain.

No comments: