Sunday, December 9, 2007

I have an axe to grind

I'm talking of course about Guitar Hero. Or as South Park called it, Guitar Queero. I know this game is hugely popular, but last night was the first time I ever played it.

Oh my deity, I suck out loud.



I tried both of the basic songs "I Love Rock & Roll" and "Take Me Out." I got booed by the virtual crowd. There's something about being booed by those binary bitches that is most unsettling.

The problem with this game is that it uses both the left and the right hands to play the "guitar," which is actually just a big piece of plastic with five buttons on the frets and a strumming bar. I tend to be more dextrous with my right fingers because of working in retail with the 10-key and using the num lock on the computer. Unfortunately, right hand play uses your right hand on the strummer bar and your left fingers for the fret buttons. So of course, I sucked at it. I wanted to try using it left handed, but the other people playing the game were too good and I didn't really get another chance. I think this will be my new mission in life.

No comments: