Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Without You, I'm Bored Out of My Mind

Few comedians are as unique as Sandra Bernhard. Today I watched "Without You, I'm Nothing," from back in the day. You know, back when the first Bush was in the White House.

This was probably the first existential, avante-garde comedy film ever. I don't think there has ever been another.

I enjoyed it much more than Chad did. I didn't even mind the part when she came out in a thong and tassels and did an interpretive dance to Prince's "Little Red Corvette." I have always liked her, she has always seemed to be on the edge of what's next. She's like an amped up modern version of Mae West. She's not the fake Mae West either like Bette Midler wants to be. Sandra Bernhard is authentic in her eccentricity. I just adore her. Thank heaven this came today. Too bad the DVD had a scratch in it that made me miss a whole chapter.

No comments: